Friday, February 5, 2010

Anders Loves Maria ended

And it's truly awful (not in a heartbreaking way - but in a "this is a poor piece of work" kind of way).

I still can't comprehend how excited people get for this kitschy, terrible webcomic. Bad pacing, bad writing & bad plot - it has it all!

I seriously feel like I must be crazy. I stopped reading after 100 comics or so and just could not fathom what everyone was going crazy about. Ted gives me updates every once in a while and it just makes me confused. Engstrom is a decent artist who has no concept of how people interact with each other or how to tell a story using comic panels. And everyone goes crazy over it! They act like it's the most touching story they've ever read, when the reality is it's a comic about some boring asshole who women are attracted to for absolutely no reason. What's the term fan-fiction writers use to describe a male character who is inexplicably awesome at everything he does and people go crazy for him? That's what Anders is.

I'm serious.Go read it! Anders literally has no redeeming qualities. Oh, and he hooks up with a kid at one point. So yeah. Webcomic of the year/decade/forever, and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment