Saturday, February 27, 2010

Internet archaeology

I just spent hours tracking down actual strips from a webcomic I read way back in high school that has since shut down. The Wayback machine didn't have much when looking on the domain I remember, but I found a random link taking me to the archive for an earlier domain, where I found quite a few more comics. I've since saved them locally for later reading.

The comics weren't very good, though I'll be honest in that I figured they would be much worse. Even weirder is that I've been able to read posts I made in the comic's forums 9 years ago and they are embarrassing.

Although, it was neat finding an archived thumbnail of the fan comic I had done.

The point of this rambling 2:44 AM post is that hunting down this nostalgia was totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment