Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3DS

Hey look, Nintendo announced a new DS! It's coming out in Japan within the next year! It's backwards compatible with all DS and DSi games. It's going to have some sort of 3D display capabilities without requiring 3D glasses!

And that's all we know.

Obviously, the most interesting thing mentioned so far is having 3D on the handheld. How is this going to work?

The big money is currently on Nintendo using Sharp's new "Veil View" technology, which allows for the screen to display different depending on the angle it's viewed from. My guess is they could use this to better simulate depth, but the effect won't be the traditionally-thought-of "pop-out" 3D you see in movies these days.

But then again, I'm not really in any place to know these things.

PAX this weekend! PAX East, that is.

Still not sure where I'll be spending all my time, but it should be fun.

(Hopefully I get my netbook before then. That would be nice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment